Lisnagarvey High School

© All Content 2018 - Lisnagarvey High School | Website designed by S Black

Mutual Respect     Caring and Responsible     Meeting the Needs of the Individual     Success for all


Important Links

Lisnagarvey Maths


Lisnagarvey HS Prospectus 2017 for web.pdf

Support from Outside Agencies

SEN staff can avail of support for pupils from various outside agencies.  If a child is referred to an outside agency who works for The Education Authority, they will have reached Stage 3 of the Five Stage Model of the Code of Practice.  This means that after using strategies for stages 1 and 2 more support is required.

Such outside agencies consist of the following:

Ardmore House School – a school for pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties at Key Stage 3 in school.  An outreach teacher will come to school once per week to support a pupil and if necessary an application for placement at Ardmore can be made.  Placement is usually for one term only.

Alternative Education Programme – if a pupil reaches Key Stage 4 and is still struggling with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties application can be made to gain a place on a more suitable education programme.

Educational Psychology – if there are concerns that a child is not making progress a referral can be made for consultation with the allocated school psychologist.  The psychologist may simply give advice or carry out assessments with a view to a statement and SEN provision.

The Education Authority’s Sensory Service – this service provides advice to school and support for pupils with hearing or visual impairment, on the Autistic Spectrum or has another type of specific complex need.

EA Literacy Service – will offer advice to schools for a pupil with a specific learning difficulty such as Dyslexia.

Middletown Centre for Autism – offers support and training for teachers and parents. Parents can find out what programmes of training and support are available at 02837515750.