Lisnagarvey High School

© All Content 2016 - Lisnagarvey High School | Website designed by S Black

Move over Gordon Ramsay!


                           Read more >

What’s new?

Mutual Respect     Caring and Responsible     Meeting the Needs of the Individual     Success for all

A fun filled day at Queen’s Film Theatre.                            Read more >

Lots of laughs in Liverpool!


                           Read more >

Paul’s Poem - The Refugee Crisis

                           Read more >

Search

Prospectus

Click here to download our current prospectus

Lisnagarvey Maths

Website

Walking through the doors of Lisnagarvey High School on prize day, there was a warm, energetic and lively atmosphere. A collective feeling of elation greeted students, parents, staff and governors as they all gathered together to celebrate this year’s exceptionally high GCSE and A Level results, as well as a multitude of KS3 and pastoral achievements.


Lisnagarvey High School has surpassed all academic expectations, earning their best set of results to date throughout every subject area! The school prides itself on an ethos which is embedded in child centred learning, sustained persistence and positivity, one which sets a continual focus on achieving academic excellence and success for all.


Guest speaker, Elizabeth Dickson, former Principal of Friends School, was warmly welcomed by all. Mrs Dickson highly commended the students for their wholehearted devotion to their studies, for which they have been justly rewarded. She emphasised how the staff at Lisnagarvey: ‘go the extra mile’ to ensure that each student is nurtured, encouraged and inspired to reach their full potential.


The Principal of Lisnagarvey, Mr Sheerin, beamed with pride as he paid tribute to the commitment of pupils, staff, parents, governors and the local community, all of whom, he stressed, deserved the very highest praise.   Mr Sheerin added: “Learning is not child’s play.  We cannot learn without the pain of hard work, sweat and tears. You are no longer children, you are successful, young men and women of whom I am exceedingly proud...”


Mr Sheerin went on: “...In your lives I hope that you will continue to find that honours and rewards fall to those who allow their good qualities to guide their actions. You are in this room because your actions and your qualities are deserving of recognition. Today we honour your determination, your intelligence, and your perseverance.”

“The English and Maths departments in the school forge out programmes of support and interventions, which are shining examples of the tremendous dedication shown by each member of staff in attaining success for all”.


Mr Sheerin further stated: “In 2015, the English Department built upon their previous success.  The results for GCSE matched last year’s staggeringly high benchmark, with 90% of the GCSE entrants receiving a grade C or better – while the remaining 10% all achieved a qualification in English.”  

He continued: “Last year, the Maths Department gained an exemplary pass rate of 67% A*-C, which is the best Maths GCSE result in the school’s history. However, this would not have been possible without the significant passion and enthusiasm of the outstanding teaching staff”.


Mr Sheerin concluded his speech on a poignant note: “We – at Lisnagarvey High School – want to make an impact on the lives of our pupils. We want to support them. We want to prepare them to go out in to the world as driven, ambitious and mature adults – because we care. Our goal, as a school, is to continually reassess and raise our standards, accepting nothing less than the very best that our pupils can do.”


Throughout the ceremony, it was evident that Lisnagarvey, the school at the very heart of the community, is one which does its utmost to leave no pupil behind.


View Photo Gallery >

Lisnagarvey High School celebrates yet another
year of Outstanding Results